Thursday, 8 November 2012

The Anna Scholz AW12 Series...

Photobucket

Sigh. Such JOY! It's THAT time of year again - time for some Anna Scholz. Let's face it - you all know I'm a fan. And for me, putting on an Anna Scholz dress is like writing a love song to my curves... THEY JUST ADORE IT. This clothing is always amazing and beautiful and interesting. The latest offerings from the Black and White Label Collections for AW12 are no exception. So... let's jump right in!


Photobucket

Firstly - just the idea of "Fairytale" print rocked my world. Secondly - LOOK at this dress. This is so simple but amazing. This is effectively a classic "Shirt Dress" but it isn't a button-down number - it's much more interesting. This dress is tailored to fit like a shirt, but can nip in at the waist with the included belt - or - if you want to be a little free with shape - you could leave it loose or use your own belt (a skinny black patent or THICK waist cincher, maybe?). The high V-neck affords a little modesty with this dress and I love the fabric panels along the neckline, indeed details like the neckline are the kinds of things that always make me come back to Anna. That and the fact the clothes are made with OUR bodies in mind!

Photobucket

This dress is made from a lovely, luxurious, soft jersey (you know I LOVES it) and feels great on your skin. The print also blows my mind... now, I GET that this may not be to everyone's taste - but for me - prints are part or the reason I LOVE clothes. Prints can give expression and uniqueness and interest to outfits and this dress - with it's reds and pinks and oranges and blues - kind of hums a tune that's dynamic and beautiful and different. Gosh, I love it.

Photobucket

The front of the dress, at the bottom, has a little box pleat to the hem which affords a movement to the base of the dress... Also cool are the 3/4 sleeves. This one's a winner for me. I love the originality here - and the lack of fear... To me, this is a bold dress - and I LOVE those!


Photobucket

Okay. Va. Va. Voom. This is a dress for curves. BOOM! Gorgeous.
(Indeed, I put this on and Darcy was like - Buy THIS one, honey...)

This is a really lovely dress and a great piece for any Winter Wardrobe.  The fabric isn't heavy - but rather thick and cosy. You can see the gorgeous structure of this dress in my photos, and I reckon it would feel deliciously snug through Winter. The fabric is interesting and is textured black and purple. In these shots you get a clear view of the pleat work in the front of the piece, which gives me a feminine form - but also adds something interesting and pretty to the dress. Also - the tailoring here is obvious - but still amazing. Just wow, really...

Photobucket

I can imagine this being a hit at work - but also interesting, diverse and sexy enough - to take on the town (as I said - my man LOVED it). The sleeves on this are a comfortable length (and fitted nicely). One of my favourite things about this dress? The LINING. I put this on and was literally gobsmacked by how luxurious it felt on my skin. The lining is a gorgeous berry colour and really only adds to make this garment special. It looks and feels beautiful - even before putting it on!

Photobucket

I love these clothes - you girls know that - and I always feel lucky to have the opportunity to try so many pieces and then share them with you... There are a few more coming! As ever - these clothes aren't mine - but rather on loan for me to take photos and they head straight back to Anna Scholz when the shots are done!

In both of these dresses today, I am in a size 20... My chest size is about a 38H and I am 5'5.

See you soon! Em.



2 comments:

  1. Great write up Em! You look fabulous in it all!
    xoxo
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward for the next installment! the va va voom dress is such a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x