Friday, 7 February 2014

Dressolutions with Marisota, yo!

 photo Boombands_Marisota_JoeBrowns3_zpsc184aea2.jpg

Basically, I just wanted to drop by and post an outfit, yo!

 photo Boombands_Marisota_JoeBrowns5_zps660dba7e.jpg

And there's more to come. And soon?! WHAT?

Today, I'm in fashions via Marisota... The dress is Joe Browns, and Blazer is from Marisota's own Collection. I like this combined look and wore the outfit to dinner with my partner (YAY! DARCY gets a mention in the first post back!!).

The dress itself is light and lined with a colourful, plaited belt. The blazer is also nice and light, and has a cool striped lining, which is why I rolled up the sleeves (it's also why I wanted the blazer. I like how the cuffs can change how the jacket looks - SO SIMPLE). I like this outfit as it's smart, but also - casual and breezy. I'm off contract at the moment and I want to look good but with minimal effort.

 photo Boombands_Marisota_JoeBrowns61_zpsae0b8e78.jpg

You can imagine, if I'd straightened my hair and perhaps popped on a chunky gold necklace, this would have made the look a little more polished. That being said, as most of you know, the last four months have seen me working my butt off on the latest Brad Pitt film looking like this:

 photo 1452440_669766179729838_392576536_n_zpsa974c4fb.jpg

I was in a trailer, on location, wearing jeans and a parka and I was constantly covered in mud. Luckily, there was also some of this...

 photo fury-brad-pitt-shia-labeouf-jon-bernthal-600x450_zps025c343d.jpg
(Photo from set, by the film's director)

In any case, fashion moments for me were few and far between. However... With the show all wrapped and a more normal film about to start up - my dresses are back, and so too are my fashions. ALSO - with TWO major events next week thanks to Evans and Simply Be - there'll be some awesome fashions to boot.

Since I started on my break, I have really got into Blazers - it actually started a little last year. I have no doubt, the blazer in this post will be worn loads and probably show up on the blog a bunch more times. The "fat girl/blazer" trend has been around for years, but here I am - finally jumping on the band wagon. AND I'm growing my hair again. Well. We'll see if I manage THAT this time!

 photo Boombands_Marisota_JoeBrowns1_zpsf4f94f8f.jpg

I've missed you all loads. Thanks for your patience.

Loves. x.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back beautiful. I missed you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what job do you do? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you back Em - I've missed you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous. Great to see you blogging xxxxxxxxx MISS U xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You're back! You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to see you again. You have always been my favourite blogger. The one together with Wendy that inspired me to start blogging too. You look lovely as always and I can't wait to read your next post. Hoping to be able to meet you sometime soon too. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x